Thanks so much for visiting Excel Yourself and for using our products and services (henceforth Services). By using our Services, you are agreeing to these terms. Please read them carefully.
Site and Website shall both refer to www.excelyourself.org and all content contained therein.
At the present time, no accounts are offered on the Site. We will update our terms if and when we begin offering user accounts.
This Service (including, but not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles, content, and other elements comprising this Service are also copyrighted works. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in this Service.
In short, don’t misrepresent yourself on the Site. Pretending to be someone other than yourself is grounds for repercussions including but not limited to deletion of user content, termination from the Site, legal action, etc.
- User-created content may not be illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy, or otherwise injurious or objectionable. Violation of this provision may be faced with repercussions including but not limited to deletion of user content, termination from the Site, legal action, etc.
In plain English: Respect others on this Site.
- By posting or contributing content using these Services, you are granting Excel Yourself a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, and worldwide license to use your content in connection with the operation of the Services, including, without limitation, the license rights to copy, distribute, delete, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit/modify, translate and reformat your content, and/or to incorporate it into a collective work.
In plain English: Site owners own a license to any content, including comments, you post to the Site. We can use, modify, or delete such content in any manner we see fit. We can do so at any time and for any reason.
In order to ensure clarity, we include support services (in any form) within the scope of the Services offered by this Site.
- By using our support services in any form (including via email), you are granting Excel Yourself a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, and worldwide license to use your content in connection with the operation of the Services, including, without limitation, the license rights to copy, distribute, delete, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit/modify, translate and reformat your content, and/or to incorporate it into a collective work.
- Excel Yourself is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We will omit personal information gathered prior to its use on the Site; omitted information includes last name and email address. We retain the option to publish content using first names.
Keep any interaction both on and off the Site civil. Any interaction deemed to be in violation of this principle (i.e., to be primarily for the purpose of defamation, libel, maligning, impugning, etc.) may be met with repercussions including but not limited to deletion of the interaction and/or content, termination of the user from the site, legal action, etc.
- By accessing this Site, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our Site.
- You agree that your use of the Services shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Excel Yourself, its officers, directors, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the services and your use thereof. Excel Yourself makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of this site’s content or the content of any sites linked to this site and assumes no liability or responsibility for, and in no event shall Excel Yourself, its officers, directors, employees, or agents be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any of the following:
- Errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content
- Personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of our services (including via the Site itself, or via any form of communication with anyone associated with the Site)
- Any unauthorized access to or use of our data and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein
- Any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our services
- Any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the services.
- Excel Yourself does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the services or any hyperlinked services or featured in any banner or other advertising, and Excel Yourself will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
- As with the purchase or use of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
In plain English: You use this site, its content, and any information/advice provided (e.g., via posts, email, phone call, etc.), at your own risk. We’re not responsible for anything that results from your use of our Services.
Modification of Terms
Website owners reserve the right to change, at any time, at our sole discretion, the Terms under which these Services are offered. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Terms. Your continued use of the Site and Services constitutes your agreement to all such Terms.
Thanks to the following resources for their assistance in crafting our Terms. These resources are listed in no particular order.
- Digital Media Law Project
- Google / Google Privacy & Terms
- Youtube / Youtube Terms of Service
- Problogger / Problogger Terms and Conditions
- iBrattleboro.com / iBrattleboro.com Terms and Conditions
LAST MODIFIED: APRIL 21, 2017